How to teach a parrot to speak
The most sociable birds are considered to be Jaco. These small gray birds accurately copy the human voice, and by their tone you can immediately determine who the object of imitation is a man or a woman. Amazons and Corellas speak perfectly, but their speech is different from human. Good interlocutors are obtained from cockatoos and macaws. Budgerigars stand at the same level with them, which, despite their small size, with proper training, willingly talk with the owners.
How to teach a budgerigar to speak?
Capable individuals learn to pronounce their name without training. But for the best effect, follow a technique that tells how to teach a parrot to speak quickly and clearly.
1. Lessons should be given by one family member – the most patient and persistent. The same phrase from different lips has a different sound.
2. The animal must be set up for training. A pair of birds will never speak – they will miss their “bird” communication. If the bird is bored and lonely, training will become a game, the most fun part of the day.
3. Put the bird on his hand, on the game stand, or leave it on the crossbar in the cage.
4. When you attracted the student’s attention, repeat the necessary phrases 10-20 times. They should be used in everyday life. Choose a few phrases and pronounce them emotionally.
5. Praise the pet, especially if he is trying. Encourage a treat, not forgetting verbal praise. As soon as the ward begins to be distracted, finish the lesson.
How to teach a parrot to speak in 1 day? Remember the right way: clearly and expressively, as if by chance, say a word before feeding in the morning. The bird is guaranteed to remember him. Or during feeding say “Misha wants to eat”, and the chick will associate a meal with this phrase. Hungry, Misha will scream that he wants to eat.
There is a widespread opinion about the inability of females to reproduce speech. Indeed, they are more difficult than males to learn, but they pronounce the words more clearly. As soon as the bird begins to “mumble”, know – you are on the right track!
how to teach a budgie
What do you need to remember to teach a parrot to talk?
Can one teach a budgie to speak? Of course! It is important to remember a few rules:
1. Start training at 2-3 months of age. Kids learn lessons better, but there are cases when ten-year-old pets started talking.
2. Exercise daily 2-3 times a day. Take 10-15 minutes to the morning lesson, exercise more in the afternoon, fix the material in the evening in the evening, spending another 20 minutes. Important and systematic.
3. Remember – birds do not understand the meaning of words that are pronounced. In order for them to respond to your actions in the desired way, you need to develop a conditioned reflex. Make it easy. For example, when you come home from work, always say the bird affectionate and distinctive “Hello.” Later this word will be associated with your coming. Turning on the light, pronounce the word “Light” every time. A feathered pet will connect it with the process of turning on the light, and in the evenings it will require lighting, shouting this word.
4. You can’t scream and insult the bird, otherwise it will remember the curse and begin to repeat it.
5. It is easier for birds to reproduce speech with a high voice, so they better remember the speech of women and children.
6. Start with the simplest: the easiest way for the birds to be given is the consonants “t”, “p”, “k” and “p”, vowels “a” and “o”, “hissing” h “and” w “.
The lesson should be conducted by a person whom the chick trusts. The pet should be calm, eliminate all distractions: TV, radio, noise from household appliances. Make friends with the student first. How to tame a parrot to your hands? As soon as the pet is a little comfortable in the cage, take the feeder in your hand and hand it to the bird. She can bite her hand – that’s fine. So the baby will make sure that the hand is not dangerous. The next step is hand feeding. When the feathered one is no longer afraid, you need to suggest that this is not a source of food, but an object with which you can play and sit on it. Try to scratch the sides and behind the head with your fingers. At the final stage, when a new friend ceases to be afraid of his hands, he can be taken out of the cage on his finger and allowed to get comfortable in the room.
how to teach a parrot to talk in 5 minutes
How to teach a parrot to speak fast?
It’s impossible to quickly train a bird to speak, it takes time and patience. Many people ask how to teach a parrot to talk in 5 minutes, and due to lack of time they turn on a tape recorder for their pet and leave for themselves. This is an unforgivable mistake. The bird will quickly cease to perceive the voice from the tape recorder. Like the owner’s voice, it will become a background for her, an outside noise. If the feathered friend starts talking, he will do it in silence.
Netizens give a lot of tips on how to teach a parrot to speak: videos of experienced zoologists will tell you – a smart bird will speak in 3-5 months, although it usually starts to make the first sounds after 3 weeks. Do not lose patience – a parrot can be silent for six months, and then begin to issue phrases worthy of Shakespeare.